Wednesday, February 27, 2019

TAG CARD:SUNDAY PLAY DAY-CINDY'S CHALLENGE #1

Sunday Play Day - Cindy's Challenge

Floral Tag Card

Who is Cindy and what is she challenging me for? Cindy is a very close friend of mine, my bestie. She likes to see that I'm on my toes and this week I'm dragging them! Today is NOT Sunday! But I did the challenge on Sunday Fun Day!

The challenge she gave me was to create a Tag Card, using Becky Roberts' Floral Tag Card idea, she found on the Splitcoast Stampers Community Gallery. Here is a link to Becky's blog: Inking Idaho. I put a little twist on my card and I have not shown it to Cindy yet! Let's take a look!

Foundation

I started with an 8 1/2"x 11" piece of 65# Neenah Bright White cardstock and cut it in half to make two 8 1/2"x 5 1/2" pieces. One of them I scored at 4 1/4" and folded it. The other half I cut into two 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" pieces of cardstock. 

1. Set aside one 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock for the base of the card.
2. The folded 8 1/2"x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock will become your tag card!

Neenah 65# Bright White cardstock

4. I used a manila shipping tag originally 
3 1/8"x 6 1/4" and cut two inches off the bottom leaving a 3 1/8"x 4 1/4" tag. You will be using this for a template.
5.  Place the tag into the bottom left corner of the 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" card putting one side of the tag along with the fold and another along the bottom. Hold the tag in place. Trace the tag very lightly onto folded cardstock with a pencil. (This line will be erased later.) Remember to mark where to punch the hole!
6. I used my paper trimmer to cut the remaining two sides and then scissors to trim the corners.

Trimmed shipping tag

The tag has been traced onto folded card

Trimmed cardstock into a tag shape

At this point, you should have the main components to create this card. The tag will be the actual card, to add a sentiment and note inside!

Decorate!

Decide where on the back (single-sided 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock) you want to place the tag. Trace very lightly, in just a few spots, around the perimeter of the tag.

1. Remove the tag so we can work on the card back.
2. Choose a stamp set that will hang over the edge of the tag when placed atop of the back like a large floral image. 
3. I used my Misti for this step. Use washi tape to attach the back to the inside of the Misti. Place your stamp or stamps, in the design you chose.


Three leaves and 2 flowers


4. I stamped my design in Versafine Clair Nocturn and used clear embossing powder for the outline. (Erase your pencil line after embossing your outline, before you color.)

5. Now add the tag to the front of the back with a washi tape donut in the center of the back of the tag and inside the tag to keep it closed.

6. Use Post-It Notes or paper scraps to protect the back from getting stamped again. Stamp using the same ink and emboss.


Remember to use your powder tool before embossing.


7. Color the design on the back first with Copics, colored pencils, or any medium of your choice. Then color the tag with the same colors, finishing the design embossed partially upon it. 


Coloring tag to match the back.

Adding the finishing touches!

Assemble the tag onto the back, making sure to match the lines in the design. I chose to add some dimension and stamped an extra flower to put in the center of the design. I also added a die-cut word, the color of the flowers. (To get the color you desire, color a piece of white cardstock to be the color of your choosing. Proceed to die-cut this piece.) To elevate the word, I cut two extra white words and stacked them with a Quickie Glue Pen. 



Mat the back to patterned paper then onto colored cardstock. Mat a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the tag. (TIP: If the right shade of your color isn't available in your stash, Color solid the edges around a white cardstock piece, 3/4 of the way in with the accent color you chose.)

Create your own perfectly matched colored cardstock!

Decorate the inside of the tag and add the sentiment. Put a piece of patterned paper behind the front panel to hide the Copic marker which had bled through.


Decorating inside gives a special touch to your card!


This tag had to have a ribbon to finish the look. I used the darkest shade of coral Copic I had used for the flowers and colored some Hug Snug Seam Binding with the chisel tip. I threaded it through the hole in the tag when it was dry. 

Perfect colored ribbon!

To add some glitz, I put a few Moonshine Confetti around the center flower and covered the flower with Wink of Stella glitter pen.

HERE SHE IS!

Look at the left where the tag edge is! Can you see where the design ends on the tag and beginsThat's AWESOME! So there, Cindy, I rocked your Challenge! And not only once, but TWICE!

Mother's Day Tag Card and Hello Tag Card

Always sign the back of your creations! I hope you found this inspiring! Make Cindy's Challenge a part of your creative week!

Thank you, Cindy! I really enjoyed the Challenge! And I look forward to the next!

Artistically and Lovingly Yours,


http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoriEllenDesigns
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/LoriEllenDesigns

Below I have a list of some of the items I used in making this card. I added some of my favorite tools also. Clicking on the picture will take you to more information.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY SHOPS so I am not selling items. Feel free to comment or contact me with any questions!

65# Neenah Bright White Cardstock

Simon Says Stamp More Spring Flowers Stamp Set

Simon Says Stamp Moonshine Confetti

Hero Arts Hello Stamp and Die Set

Copic Sketch Markers Basic Set


Hug Snug Seam Binding, White


VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink



























No comments:

Post a Comment