Saturday, January 19, 2019

SIMON SAYS STAMP WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE: CAS CARD

CAS Cards: Clean & Simple Concept (SSS Wednesday Challenge for January 16-22, 2019

In paper crafting, clean and simple projects consist mostly of 'white' space with one focal point. This card definitely shows that theory. The focal point should be placed with the Rule Of Thirds in mind. 

Divide your area into three sections-horizontally and vertically- this gives you nine (9) boxes like a tic tac toes board. Basically, your focal point should never just be in the center, instead, it should be crossing one of the main lines sharing two squares.


 This will create more interest or drama in your project rather than just placing it in the center.  It makes it more appealing to the reader’s eye. Clean and Simple is all about less is more! 

Simon Says Stamp has one of the largest selections of paper crafting supplies. They are sponsoring this Wednesday's Challenge. Each week they choose a theme or technique. They randomly choose a winner at the end of the week to receive a gift voucher of $50 to spend at Simon Says Stamp (SSS). Here is where you will find all the details of the challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog

Would you like to see my Clean & Simple Card? For a twist, Simon asked if we could use Hero Arts Products. Of course, it isn't a requirement but it can be another challenge! FUN!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge using Hero Arts Stamp set-Clean and Simple Card

I used the stamp set from the December MMH 2018 Release featuring fairies! My Monthly Hero is a monthly stamp club that includes a stamp set, matching dies, specialty papers, ink cubes, and cardstock to match. Here is a link to this card kit although it is sold out.


Hero Arts December 2019 My Monthly Hero


I used Neenah 80# Solar White cardstock to stamp the image of the fairy and dandelion upon. Looking at it, it needed a little extra. Clean & Simple cards are difficult for me. I want to keep adding!

I added a leaf on the dandelion and a couple loose puffs blown into the air. Isn't that what we did as a child? Made a wish, blew the dandelion, then tried to catch one of the 'poofs' as a fairy, that would give us a wish!? 


Stamping Fairy making a wish with a Dandelion

I used my Misti to stamp with. It allows me to stamp again in exactly the same spot if I need to. It also ensures that I will put the sentiment on right. Putting the sentiment right onto the card base made me really anxious! I always seem to stamp crooked! 

I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to add some color to this. No inking the background or adding a pattern paper. I used colored pencils because the allowed me to get into the small areas and do a little detail.

Coloring with Prismacolor colored pencils.


I didn't even raise the panel I put the image on. I attached it right onto the card base. I stamped the sentiment, stamped the inside sentiment and then it was finished!

Inside of the Clean & Simple card

Thank you for spending a little time with me today. I have several other cards I would like to start. I'm going to get a cup of tea and draw out some sketches. I hope you are inspired by this and will try a CAS card! It's not as easy as you think! (wink, wink)

Stop by my Facebook page to see some of the other cards for challenges I did this month. Put your work on there too! Everyone would love to see your work and get inspired to do more projects!

Lori Ellen Designs Facebook Page

I would love it if you would like my blog and follow me, my friends! Have suggestions? Leave them in the comments here! I am always willing to receive new ideas! 

Remember, great things happen to those who create!

Below I have a list of some of the items I used in making this card. I added some of my favorite tools too. Clicking on the picture will take you to more information.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY SHOPS so I am not selling items. Feel free to comment or contact me with any questions!


Misti Stamping Tool

Prismacolor Colored pencils

Memento Tuxedo Black ink

Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock

















No comments:

Post a Comment