Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Handmade Cards Just for YOU! Lori Ellen Designs


Hello, my new friends! WELCOME to my home!

I am the owner of a small handmade cards business which I do out of my home. I look forward to sharing with you techniques, tips, and tricks in paper crafting as well as anecdotes for life. Tell me about yourself in the comments below and share a favorite childhood memory. It's as good o' place as any to start!


I live in Wisconsin, in a beautiful one-room schoolhouse built in the 1880's, complete with bell tower, bell and rope for visitors to ring! Go ahead, pull it as if you were a child of eight years old!



East Dayton School, cir: 1886
We just moved into my dream home!

My craft area is in one corner of the room. (You all know, it is a challenge to keep the desk organized when creating!)  This makes for a cozy, warm atmosphere for me to work in. I can pull up a chair to the end of my desk (an old door covered by beveled glass) and invite you to share my supplies and craft with me. Or we can just admire the view of the countryside along the Sugar River, getting to know each other and talk about the crafty goodness that brings us together.



I am a mother and a wife above everything else. I have 2 adult children and 3 adult step-children, all of which are successful in their own way. You can tell I am fiercely proud of them!



Children, Devan & Dylan


Step-children, Rhandee, Robyn & Ron


My husband is a liver cancer survivor and transplant recipient. We are thankful for every sunrise and sunset and our love for life has carried me over into my crafting part of the world. Crafters are honest, kind, helpful souls and passionate about their work!

bob and I 6-2017

I can't forget my furbabies! I am 'mom' to 4 adorable chihuahuas! They all are rescued dogs from different areas of the Midwest. Each pup has different social, health and physical issues. You wouldn't know it from watching them play! Spike, 13, Chloe, 8, Mini, 8 and Mazie,7, have become my extended family.

My  pups & me!

I was born an artist. I started sewing and designing clothes at the age of 10. I crochet and knit, embroider, quilt. I made dresses for my daughter for years and 6 Halloween costumes a year! I owned a small business for 20 years. I hand painted designs on vintage, used treasures. Wooden spoons and clothespins to wooden ironing boards, barn boards, buckets, chairs, and teapots, all became canvases for my paintbrush.

crafty stamps!


"The purpose of art is to wash the dust of our daily life off our soul."~Pablo Picasso


I started scrapbooking after my son passed in a car accident and discovered mixed media, paper art then cards. They have become so fascinating! Putting feelings and thoughts in such a small space and sending mail in an age when emails, Facebook, YouTube, Snap Chat and Tweeting have become the norm. I consider a card a piece of 'happy mail' even if it is a Sympathy Card, it makes a bit of your heart glow to open the envelope!


Beginning a new adventure, I currently own an Etsy shop called LoriEllenDesigns (Opening Soon!).  It carries the cards I create as well as those from a couple crafty friends. My goal is for you to experience the pleasure of sending and receiving 'Happy Mail' too. My blog is written to inspire and teach you from beginners to advanced card makers. I want to take you to places in your heart of crafting that you didn't know existed!

happy mail

Join me as we explore paper crafting, enjoying a cup of coffee, a bottle of water or a glass of wine. We'll visit and get to know each other better. Feel free to craft along with me! I can provide links to some of the items I use and I am not affiliated with any shops. Some things I have DIY ideas for!

tea for two


I am anxious to get to know you! Please leave comments, ideas, suggestions below or send to my email at loriellendesigns@gmail.com. All I ask is that you are kind to me and each other. I will not acknowledge any negative criticism or drama. Everyone is human and entitled to their opinion but it is a choice to share it.

I want to thank my loving family and friends and the Lord Above, for always encouraging and guiding me on this journey! 


creative everyday

Artistically Yours,
Lori Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment